Health, Education & Empowerment
Samata foundation conducts regular health check-up camps. We also organise eye check-up camps and supported eye catract operations for the under previleged peoples. We motivate people for eye donation as well as organ donation through various programs.
We focus in early diagnosis if various chronic non comunicable diseases like diabetes, hypertension, asthama, cancer, stroke, etc. which is highly prevalent and undiagnosed among the under previledged people including construction labour, migrant labour, domestic workers, Dalits and economically backward people.
The incidence of these diseases are high among them due to the risk factors like poverty, poor diet, unhygiene, illiteracy, consumption of alcohol, etc.
Samata foundation provides medical facilities through various health campaigns by promoting health and management of the diseases. We conduct blood check-up camps regularly thus aid us in early detection of various diseases in different age groups and gender.
Women Empowerment Programme:
1. Samata Foundation is currently working with women domestic workers to empower them in all aspects including wages, working hours, holidays and social security. Currently 300 women are registered with us, and planning to reach out with 5000 women in next six month.
2. Unite and help them obtain their basic beneficiary documents.
3. Create Self help groups to enable them to bring about regular savings and help them develop standard of living.
4. Assist them by conducting awareness programme on health, HIV-A1DS, violence against women, sex selective abortion (female foeticide).
5. We also provide legal assistance and counselling for needy women and victims of violence.
Samata Foundation is running vocational Training Center for the benefit more than 100 community youth viz, computer education.
Sam Drushti – Towards Gender Equality:
The core project of Samata Foundation on gender equality is in the initial stage to work with students from government hostels of Social Welfare Department, Government of Maharashtra. We are engaging around 750 students from 10 hostels from various districts of Maharashtra.
Youth Development Training Programme:
Samata Foundation emphasises on the development of young generations by conducting seminar/workshop for legal guidance on RTI, BMC Act, Police Act, Media Introduction, and Personality Development.